Sunday, March 18, 2007

Packing

Claudia and I've spent most of the weekend packing up our stuff. Kids were dropped off at the grandparent (Swiss side) yesterday morning, and by lunchtime we were cracking on with the job at hand.

I recently counted the number of times I've moved house since leaving the family nest aged 19 years. It came to, erm, a little more than once per year. In the old days, it'd be a bootful of books and stuff. Then when I started buying furniture, I needed a rental van of some sort. For the last few moves I'd called in the professionals, and coughed up instead. But this move's looking very different...

What was a bit shocking was the massive increase in posessions that's come with parenthood. It took us a few hours just to pack up all the kid's stuff. And the lads're only 3 and 1 years old. Imagine what it'll be like when their spotty teenagers... or maybe they'll have less stuff 'cos they'll be aborbed into their computer games by then.

Anyways, packing's been a bigger job than we expected.

Anyways, I'm going to bed now. Knackered.

No comments: